Friday 20 September 2013

cheers to you.

Cheers to five years of marriage, cheers to us, cheers to you… 

For loving me through the past thirteen years and all the moments you made sure I knew it. For dreaming big when my practicality wouldn't allow me the opportunity.  For believing in me when I didn't know my own strength and continuing to when I wavered in it.  For the joy, laughter and all the ways you are silly.  For trusting me with our greatest gift and for being more of a daddy to our boy then I could have ever imagined you would be.  For being present in life's moments, good and bad.  For being amazing in a crisis and helping me heal when the dust settles.  For somehow managing to always know exactly what I need.  For being everything I'm not and loving everything I am.  For choosing me on this day five years ago and on everyday afterward.  

Cheers to the next five, and the five after that, and the five after that… 




this day minus five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment