Monday 20 May 2013

ramblings.

My eyes are burning and blurry, mostly allergies, partly tired, a bit from crying.  Actually I've managed to keep myself together for the most part. Busing myself with unimportant tasks and working hard at sanity.  Don't ask Keon, he has a different story.  That story, his story, I'm sure would start something like… "She's a mess...  Seriously a mess and she's crazy."

The official packing has commenced, sort of.  I've gathered some things together in a pile by the back door and allowed myself to become distracted by more mindless tasks that I am convincing myself just need to get done.  Like Windex the kitchen table or wash the annoying car toys. I need to get a grip, I'm leaving on Tuesday and the suitcases are empty. I've called in reinforcements and they will be here bright and early to keep the boy busy and help me find the remote and the couch it's hiding on, somewhere under the laundry piled high.  It's clean at least, which is more than I can say for the rest of the house right now… or my hair for that matter.

Laundry aside I'm soaking up all the time I can with family, knowing that soon I won't see them for long periods of time.  I miss everyone already and have a hard time imagining how we will make it months without seeing them as often as we do.  Both mine and Keon's families as well as friends have been such great support for us and it's scary to leave that behind.  They'll visit and help out, and it may not be the same but it will be exactly what we need.  Just don't want to miss all the exciting little moments and events important to those I love while we're away.

ps.  I found another way to procrastinate… your looking at it.  "Oh no I can't tackle that Everest laundry pile… I must ramble on mindlessly in an incoherent blog post."


Other ways I found to avoid the inevitable...  








  


No comments:

Post a Comment