Sunday 26 May 2013

blinded.

Calgary sent us home on Friday.  They need more time to research the best plan of action for Kiah and decide whether or not they want to proceed with the transplant given the risks. And that is all I am ready to say about that, instead I am trying my very best to focus on little man and soak up every second.


I am a spectator.  A Spectator in the life of a two year old.
When my fears get the best of me and I feel overwhelmed by it all, I watch my sweet boy unfazed by all of this, seeing joy in mundane things, and making the best of life.  He is having the time of his life, right now in the middle of all of this uncertainty.  This is all he knows and he is thriving right in the centre of it.

I know I will never fully grasp the impact he has on those he comes in contact with but what I do know is that people are drawn to him. He has a purpose that he's living out every moment of every day. I am blessed to see glimpses of that purpose evident in every little word he speaks, every coy smile he gives, every single thing he does.  His spirit is illuminating and his light is so bright, Momma needs some sunglasses.

I am a spectator in the back of his classroom and my old soul is teaching me the lessons I would otherwise never know.  







No comments:

Post a Comment