Wednesday 5 June 2013

sunshine.

I've been spending this past week and a half distracting myself from the reality of my life. Waiting for answers that will determine the fate of his life, our lives.  I've avoided posting like I've avoided all my feelings, all my what ifs, and all my fears.  

Instead I soaked up every ounce of sunshine my boy has to offer (and he sure throws it around).  There were Barbecues to be enjoyed, parades to be seen, water fights to be had, basketball games to be cheered on, life to be lived.  And we've been living it!  In the middle of all our distractions we received a phone call from Calgary and a decision has been made to go ahead with Kiah's Stem Cell Transplant.  Truth be told Keon phoned so many times they had no choice but to return the call (he was definitely not subscribing to my avoid and distract regimen this week).  Regardless we got the call and are relieved that this chance has not been taken from us… from Kiah.  

Our boy deserves the world.

















1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo's Val.. My favorite thing to read. I will come down and visit soon xoxo Sending love to that amazing little man.

    ReplyDelete