Friday 14 June 2013

in between.

On the days in between I wait.  I wait for things to feel normal, for life to begin again.  

Redirecting myself once again to the infectious giggles of a toddler and laughing until my cheeks ache…  We sing silly songs loudly, and read our favourite books on repeat.  We eat pretend meals and dance to any commercial that plays a tune.  We cover ourselves in stickers and take turns shooting anything that resembles a ball into anything that resembles a net. We talk wildly with our hands and hide in plain sight.  We push every button that we pass twice and randomly list the events of our day (using "and" excessively).  We scare each other from around corners and name an objects colour using corresponding sesame street characters.  We drink water with ice to the top and watch our limbs as we run (okay maybe that ones just him).  We hug in big squeezes and love in abundance.

Truthfully I often hold back tears as I get caught up in these moments, our moments.  And though my cheeks are drenched in those tears they also ache in laughter.  


On the days in between I wait, and while I wait I soak up all the sweetness.


sweetness at the zoo...














No comments:

Post a Comment